Thursday, March 29, 2007

Italians In the Media

We have recently been assigned a paper that requires us to research a certain parts of our background that has affected our life in some way. Then with a part of our background we have to develve deeper into ona dn research how the media portrays that certain aspect.

I choose my Italian descent and how the media only portrays Italians as mafia members.

To be honest at a young age I was a kid that embrace this feeling of my ancestry was correlated with these rough tough beings. However as I have aged and became enlightened, I realized I was a manipulated youngster duped by the media. I bought into watching these glorified gangster movies and thought, these people are not bad, THEY AR E COOL!

Now I realize no they are not.

I am intrigued by this paper, because I not only get a chance to defend Italians but also looking deeper into this subject matter to better understand myself. Until I am done, and forever more FORZA AZZURRI and VIVA ITALIA.

No comments: