Sunday, January 28, 2007

In Class Discussion 1.25.2007

In class we discussed the variables that ultimately determine what a person’s culture becomes. I had previously defined what constituted culture in my opinion, and my opinion was redefined after class. I said that culture is “what one believes in.” The base of the defintion still remains intact for me, however the details which are involved in that defintion where expanded on. I was not naïve, but did not realize how extensive the factors that determine culture range.

I know that this blog is basically a reiteration of a previous paper, however I was truly astonished as we continued the list. Ones that I was amazed that I did not think of were, Sexaul Orientation, Animals and War or Peace Time. All of these clearly decide culture, however got looked over when I was thinking of pieces.

No comments: